The website https://www.agileventures.org (the “website”) is owned and operated as part of the AgileVentures Charity, an official UK Charity Ref #1170963 whose registered address is The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow HA1 4HZ (the “Charity”, “us” or “we”).
The Charity is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our website Terms and Conditions and House Rules) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect information from you online in the following ways:
- our use of Google Analytics cookies (please see below, under “Cookies”);
- our use of Ruby on Rails cookies (please see below, under “Cookies”);
- your application for registration;
- your profile;
- your request for information;
- your contacting us with enquiries or other correspondence; and/or
- your uploading content to the website.
If you take one of the steps mentioned above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- your name, email address and other contact information;
- information you enter onto the website;
- information stored on your mobile device;
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- details of your visit to the website; and/or
- other details relevant to your registration or profile.
Your contributions to the website will be public. The page history will show when your contribution was made as well as your username. Please do not contribute material which you do not wish to be publicly accessible on the website, or that you do not have all relevant consents to upload where that information relates to another individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by persons operating outside of the EEA who work for us. If we do send your personal data outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate measures to protect your information.
Uses made of the information
We will process any of your personal data, in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for the following reasons:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with any information and services you have requested;
- to allow you to participate in our website via user contributions or otherwise;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for administrative purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide you with information about us and our charitable activities and services;
- to notify you about changes to our activities or service; and
- to ensure that content from our website is being presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
If at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Partnership or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of anti-money laundering legislation and credit risk reduction;
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; and
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the Partnership or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to third party sites (such as partners and affiliates). If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Please see our Cookies Policy below for more information.
- recognise you whenever you visit (this speeds up your access as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Google. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our website. If you want further information please go to the site for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.