List of Projects Autograders Client Meetings Teleconference-2016-07-01

Teleconference-2016-07-01

Updated over 3 years ago by Sam Joseph
  Outstanding Action Items

* (sam) work through all features of course ONGOING
* (sam) provide up to date walkthough solutions for all parts of the course (hangouts - invite people and record) ONGOING
* (sam) also to generate text walkthroughs - also hit the higher level contextual points 
* (sam) convert hw4 walkthrough draft to markdown format
* (all) contribute to Janet's survey
* (Janet) add some contact information to the survey, and take a look through
* (sam) pull out pairing module from AV102 --> stand alone course? use existing course
* (sam) updating email address for Janet dr.janet.e.burge@gmail.com
* (sam) rename BDD/TDD to acceptance/unit test
* (all) send details to armando about blog
* (sam) can self check questions from Sinatra be moved into edX? (peer self-check possibilities?)
* (armando) standup questionbank system - need github ids of instructors (he can get them from teams)
* (rose) more notes for Armando on conceptual challenges in HangPerson
* (sam) can we have calisthenics in the MOOC?
* (all) keep trying to make problem solving process something people will understand as a result of completing the assignments 
* (sam) can we have best of pairing moments
* (richard) add peer review rubric to next week's agenda DONE
* (sam) get examples of good, bad and ugly pairing (armando would also like)


Agenda Items (please add):

* Armando - questionbank

* MOOC update
  - pairing?
  - week 4 is live 
  - hw4 is live (updates to BDD cucumber)
  - ongoing video work

* peer review rubric

* project tracking

Notes
-------
* US digital service "18F" --> pivotal labs of government software - peace core for developers - DC and now SF and NY?  work with other government groups to help them learn how to do software

"Node.js is bad-ass rock star tech" (from Armando)

* AV hangouts and pairing functionality available to instructors: http://www.agileventures.org/hangouts

Action Items
* (janet) send us new email address
* (all) hangperson submit example solutions, and/or changes to the public interface as defined by the spec
* (armando) sharing examples of good project presentations and bad ones ...
* (armando) share info on 18F
* (sam) can we capture how to review other pairing sessions (how to skim start of video at x2?) 
* (armando) rant on rails vs node
* (sam) publish schedule for next few months



Revisions

comments powered by Disqus