Ruby environment installation and maintenance script. Although you could install rbenv in 4 lines of code, you could do it in a more robust way. This project aims at easy deployment of Ruby in a structured way facilitating upgrades and collaboration between developer working on different versions of Ruby interpreters.
Project status: CLOSED
Created over 5 years ago by Szymon BłaszczyńskiJoin Project
This project is about easy installation and maintenance of rbenv - Ruby Environment similar and competing to rvm
Based on initial 4 lines of code which you need to properly install rbenv from here.
What it basically does:
- installs rbenv
- backup of rbenv and installed rbenv plugins
- installs ruby-build and rbenv-gemset plugins
- remove rbenv completely
- install latest Ruby
- remove all Rubies from rbenv or specific one
- setup .ruby-version and .rbenv-gemsets
- install git, so that it becomes a good practice to use
- support many Ruby environments e.g. popular here - rvm - and give user some helpful advice how this tools exactly works and how to use them best, maybe through man pages? Ultimate Ruby Installation for *NIX distributions...
No documents can be found for project rbenv-install
No videos in project rbenv-install
No IssueTracker Stories can be found for project rbenv-install